【 FACT OR MYTH? 】
1.Fish oil is supposed to smell & taste fishy?
Myth, only rancid fish oil smell & taste bad.
2.Low cost fish oil are just as good as the higher-priced brands?
Myth, some fish oils are unrefined & not concentrated. Consequently, there is low levels of Omega-3 fats & high level of saturated fats, which is bad for your your health.
3.Taking more fish oil softgels is better in meeting your body's daily Omega-3 fats needs?
Myth, more isn't always better. Fish oil supplements vary in terms of purity, stability, clinical effect & safety. Moreover, the recommended dose varies according different clinical conditions.
Start Soothe the INFLAMMATION within you with THE RIGHT FISH OIL 》 SHOP NOW
This information is provided for education purposes only. It should not be used to substitute medical diagnosis.
1. "Fish oils - an update", The Pharmaceutical Journal, Vol 265 No 7122, p720-724, https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/fish-oils-an-update/20003528.article?firstPass-false
2. National Institues of Health. NH Medline Plus. Fish Oil [cited 2012 May 20]. Available from: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/993.html2012
3. International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids (June 2004). Report of the Sub-Committee on Recommendations for Intake of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Healthy Adults. [online] Available at: http://www.issfal.org/news-links/resources/publications/PUFAIntakeReccommedFinalReport.pdf
4. Narendran, R. et al.2012,"Improved Working Memory but No Effect on Striatal Vesicular Monoamine Transporter Type 2 after Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Supplementation", https://journals.plcs.org/plasone/article?id-10.1371/journal.pone.0046832
5. Maroon & Bost 2006, «Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) as an anti-inflammatory: An alternative anti-inflammatory drugs for discogenic pain", Surgical Neurology, vo. 65(4), pp. 326 - 331
6. Gruenwald J. Petzol E. Busch R, et al. 2009, " Effect of glucosamine sulfate with or without omega-3 fatty acids in patients with osteoarthritis, Advances in Therapy, 2009; 26(9):858-71
7. Gammone, M. A et al. 2017, «Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids: Benefits and Endpoints in sport“, Nutrient, vol. 11(46)